Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wanderlust...Confessional.

In the last year I...
1. moved to another continent/country.
2. graduated from university/college.
3. went to (academic hell) graduate school and expanded my peanut-sized brain.
4. immersed into a new culture for a year.
5. fell in love.
6. fell out of love.
7. was in a long distance relationship.
8. experienced a death in the family.
9. juggled school and a PT job to make ends meet.
10. learned new activities and met new ppl thru them.
(11. started blogging...)

Usually, I don't have this much going on.

Things I want do (in no particular order):
1. Live/work/study somewhere in Western Europe for a year +, and learn a new language while there (preferably a romantic one...heh).
2. Venture to Africa, and do some research there. See some elephants and giraffes.
3. Go skiing in the Alps.
4. Live by the beach for a year + (and go surfing).
6. See the Pyramids.
7. Spend more time with my grandparents before they're gone.
8. Decide what i want to be...when I grow up.
9. See old friends.

"There's nothing so stable as change." ~ Bob Dylan.

There were some points, every now and again, where I thought I would be happy settling down, knuckling down into one set career/place/person. Now I think it wouldn't be so bad, to be selfish and want to keep moving and exploring for a few more years.

And I think..I'm realizing more and more who I am. Not what I can become or what other ppl want me to be, or how they might see me. In coming here, and experiencing what I've experienced in the past year, I feel like I can hear myself speak. And there's no more noise drowning it all out. It's bizarre.


3 comments:

  1. Piece of trivia: wanderlust is the name of the album of one of my favorite bands (up there with thornley) - trevor hurst. The album only consists of 6 or 7 songs but its a pretty cool album. (Trevor Hurst was formerly of Econoline Crush)

    #9 - I thought you already had a 'best friend' type?

    and #1 - I think you should learn french, maybe that will stop you from saying 'pardon my french' so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Econoline crush, it's an old band now, been years since i've heard of them. I'll have to try it out!

    #9: lol. reminds me of the time we talked about doing an old folks tour of the world with gigi. ><;; back when u said 'i'm going to be single till 50!"..lol. :P (of course, now i'm starting to feel that way, but i'd really doubt my luck would change at 50...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we talked about doing an old folks tour of the world? I doubt that we're all going to be single by the time we're 50, yes, including you linda. Your luck will change I'm sure, it's kind of fickle like that

    ReplyDelete