Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fall at your feet



By the Aussie Indie Band, Boy and Bear.
It's a cover from the tribute album, He will have his way, to the Aussie/Kiwi Band, Crowded House.
I guess you can liken Crowded House to Canadian staple bands like the Tragically Hip or rockers like Neil Young. Everyone in this part of the world is as much a fan of Crowded House as they are of the Beatles.

Some Bubble tea places finally opened up in Canberra, in the city mall.
I've already frequented the place about a dozen times since it opened 3 weeks ago.
In Syd & Melb there's 2 main franchises that sell bbt, and they're in hot competition. Either way, it's great to not have to stock up on the stuff with every trip to Sydney. it's also incredibly popular with everyone in town, not just the azns. (to add to the cheesiness, the bbt places are called Easy Way and Cha Time. I reckon this could be the makings of a fascinating reality tv show.)

A lab mate turned 29 on Monday. Like everyone else, she gets frustrated with her plants and her work.
So..we bought her a cheesy gold leaf necklace, with a card that read "I beleaf in you".

It's otherwise hot and humid here. Very green. Last week it was 15 C and consistently rainy. the natives groaned that it had never rained this much in the last 50 years. So much for leaving the rain behind in Vancouver. At least it's warm ^^

3 comments:

  1. wow, that card was really corny. What a way to get at the root of the problem and stem her frustration before she takes a pistil to her work

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. that's an awesome joke btw. it's so corny it's good. I beleaf in all you guys btw :) and :'(

    ReplyDelete