Sunday, August 29, 2010

There is no fear, there is peace here

~ Priscilla Ahn


All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness. The important thing is they should be part of our daily lives. If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it. There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness. 

Dalai Lama



(Tiesto feat. Priscilla Ahn - I am strong)

In God I cannot fall, but in myself I cannot stand. I think God holds the deeper insight.
~ Julian of Norwich, 14th century English Mystic.

Not that this has to be interpreted religiously.
It simply tries to open you to self acceptance, (and if you are religious, it opens you to the belief that are you loved and accepted by the "source of life", even though you may be filled with doubt about your abilities). It reminds you to let go of self-doubt and accept all that you are, can be and have done. Then to take the step beyond that and open your heart to everyone around you, accepting them as they are. (So much easier said than done)

Being humble opens up the possibility to being elevated, held higher in your own eyes and everyone else's (Luke 14:11). And vice versa, if we think too highly of ourselves, we open ourselves to failure. (If you have no expectations, you are never disappointed. Bit glass half empty.. in a way.)

Sums up a few things I learned in church today.

It helps, going there. It's like an hour of quiet counseling, or a heart-to-heart with your mother. It's a mental health moment, in that it opens your eyes to your weakness (1. recognition), helps you understand it (2. acceptance), and advises you how to move beyond it, think outside it (3. taking action), but done out of love and with grace.

~~~~~~~

This Too Shall Pass..when the morning comes.
~ Ok GO



Sleep is the best meditation.
~ Dalai Lama.

lol..suffice it to say..I worry a crap load about not being able to finish, but let's not mention that part again, ever. but yea..just to clarify for the moment. I always worry about this, but hate talking about it.

I remember going to a talk On Happiness, by the Dalai Lama, he said the secret was to be always an ocean of calm. Sometimes thing go on at the surface, stress and disappointments, but beneath the surface at your core, you are at peace. You embrace your troubles, let them submerge you and wash over you.








1 comment:

  1. Since you've mentioned the Dalai Lama - have you read the Dalai Lama's book Art of Happiness? It's a good book - a lot of common sense but just a different perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete